Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

As I sit here typing this - I can't believe that it is the day before Thanksgiving! Where has the time gone? Before I know it Christmas will be upon us and gone ! So I am making a decision right now to enjoy the next month ! I am going to be intentional about trying to make the most of every moment ! I want to take it all in before it is gone - I do not want to spend another New Year's Day wondering where the holidays went- and how I seemed to have missed them !

I am starting today - On the eve of Thanksgiving - I have so many blessings to be incredibly thankful for. Lately, I have been taking many of them for granted - I have complained quite a bit, and acted in a not so nice manner to many people around me, mostly my husband, so I apologize to all that I have treated like crap and pray that you can forgive me. I will not dwell any longer on my negativity, but instead I will focus on the many things that I have to be thankful for.

I have the most amazing husband, wonderful children, and an extended family that is insane but awesome, I have some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for, I have been blessed more than I deserve and I am so grateful for all that I have.

I hope that I can truly slow down and enjoy this holiday season - the kids are growing so fast - when they look back I don't want them to feel rushed, I want for them to say that they truly had some amazing holidays with their families and
friends!

This New Year when I sit back and reflect on all that happened over the course of the next month or so, I want to remember the smiles, the laughter, even the tears, I want to remember snuggling up under a blanket with 3 kids on my lap, watching Christmas movies, I want to remember the smell of all of the baking, and the taste of the hot chocolate, I want to remember the sounds of the holiday music that fills not only my home but my heart. This year I want to look back and think to myself - wow, I really am thankful for that incredible month, where everything was just a little closer to perfect!

No comments: